Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Friday




My friend Nora gave me a wonderful pillow with read and white Hungarian embroidery. It's a prefect Valentine with all its flourishes. And so this happy little Friday Valentine is also a thank you to Nora for a great gift.

It's gray here today in Iowa. Looks like it will snow. Tomorrow I'll be heading to my friend Rosalie's house tucked up in the California mountains. Latest report-snow there, too. I can hardly wait. I'll be packing work for my new book (more about that in later posts), warm clothes, and of course, my knitting. I have a sweater almost finished and I think I'll pack that. Plane knitting will be socks or mittens, something small.

I just finished a pile of ten washcloths for this month's charitable knitting. Hope to drop them off before I leave.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather is, have a warm Valentines Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are having an inspirational time on the left coast! Looking forward to hearing about it when you return.

    Went for the usual familiar walk today and blew out one of the soles of my walking boots (and it looks terminal)- I borugh them used 8 years ago, so that's pretty good service for Iowa snow boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the wash cloth charity. Which might that be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kryie

    I give my washcloths to one of our town angels. She gives them to folks transitioning out of the shelters. She says that they alwsy need kitchen stuff. I try to make them cheery.

    ReplyDelete